This programming language may be used to instruct a computer to perform a task.
BCPL is a typeless ancestor of C.
BCPL was first implemented at MIT by Martin Richards early in 1967. It was strongly influenced by CPL which was a general purpose language developed jointly at Cambridge and London Universities between 1962 and 1966.
BCPL is a very simple typeless language in which all values are of the same size, typically a 32-bit word. It has a compiler freely available via http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/mr10. This web page also contains several link to other items including Cintpos an interpretive implementation of the Tripos Portable Operating System and a manual covering both BCPL and Cintpos.
BCPL and Cintpos are still undergoing slow development.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "BCPL"
The following 159 pages are in this category, out of 159 total.
- Fibonacci sequence
- File input/output
- Find first missing positive
- Find prime n such that reversed n is also prime
- Find squares n where n+1 is prime
- Find words which contains all the vowels
- Find words which contains more than 3 e vowels
- Flipping bits game
- Floyd's triangle
- Frobenius numbers
- Function definition
- N-queens problem
- Nice primes
- Non-decimal radices/Convert
- Number names
- Numbers divisible by their individual digits, but not by the product of their digits.
- Numbers in base 10 that are palindromic in bases 2, 4, and 16
- Numbers in base-16 representation that cannot be written with decimal digits
- Numbers which binary and ternary digit sum are prime
- Sequence: smallest number with exactly n divisors
- Show ASCII table
- Sierpinski triangle
- Sieve of Eratosthenes
- Smith numbers
- Sort the letters of string in alphabetical order
- Sort three variables
- Sorting algorithms/Bead sort
- Sorting algorithms/Bubble sort
- Sorting algorithms/Cycle sort
- Sorting algorithms/Gnome sort
- Sorting algorithms/Heapsort
- Sorting algorithms/Insertion sort
- Sorting algorithms/Merge sort
- Sorting algorithms/Quicksort
- Sorting algorithms/Selection sort
- Sorting algorithms/Shell sort
- Sorting algorithms/Stooge sort
- Special divisors
- Square but not cube
- Stern-Brocot sequence
- Strange numbers
- Strange plus numbers
- String case
- Strip a set of characters from a string
- Sum digits of an integer
- Sum multiples of 3 and 5
- Sum of divisors
- Sum of squares
- Sum of the digits of n is substring of n
- Synchronous concurrency