This programming language may be used to instruct a computer to perform a task.
|Execution method:||Compiled (bytecode)|
|Parameter passing methods:||By value|
If you know Unicon, please write code for some of the tasks not implemented in Unicon.
Unicon is a unification of several extended dialects of the Icon language, featuring Icon plus classes, POSIX system facilities, GDBM and ODBC-based (SQL) database access, packages, 3D graphics and more, all provided at a very high semantic level.
In addition to Icon, Unicon draws from:
- IDOL an object-oriented Icon preprocessor
- MTIcon a multi-threading Icon. (Most recently, in version 12, improved multi-threading capabilities were added.)
While Unicon is mostly a super-set of Icon there are some differences and incompatibilities.
 Introduction to Icon and Unicon
If you want to learn more about these languages please see An introduction to Icon and Unicon for Rosetta Code.
The following are related:
 External Links and References
 Home Pages
- Book: Programming with Unicon describing the language, the Icon Programming Library and Unicon extensions
- Book: The Icon Programming Language, 3rd Edition
- Book: Graphics Programming in Icon
- Book: Icon Programming Language Handbook
- Book: Icon Programming for Humanists
- The Implementation of Icon and Unicon a Compendium]
- The Implementation of the Icon Programming Language
 Articles and Newsletters
- Archived issues of the Generator from 2004-2005 discussing Unicon programming
- Archived issues of the Icon Newsletter from 1979-2000 discussing Icon programming
- Archived issues of the Icon Analysts from 1990-2001 discussing advanced Icon programming
 Programming References
- The Icon Programming Library and index
- Unicon Discussion Web/TWiki containing various programming examples, problems, and challenges
- Wikipedia: Unicon
- Wikipedia: Icon
- Presentation: Fundamentals of Icon Programming
- PC Linux OS Magazine, Volume 48, Computer Languages From A to Z: Unicon
 Other RosettaCode Wiki Links
- The Discussion Tab for this page Lots of notes about things to do, help wanted, ideas, and guidance on formatting and markup
- Tasks not yet implemented Tasks that need to be coded
- Icon+Unicon/Analysis_of_UnimplementedTasks for an analysis of the groupings of these tasks (taken at a point in time)
- Unimplementable tasks Tasks that cannot be implemented in the language
- Tasks requiring attention Tasks that could be improved
- Most Linked Categories shows how many pages various languages (and other categories) have.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Unicon"
The following 578 pages are in this category, out of 578 total.