This programming language may be used to instruct a computer to perform a task.
|Type safety:||Safe, Unsafe|
If you know Delphi, please write code for some of the tasks not implemented in Delphi.
Delphi is a language for rapid development of Windows applications. The name also refers to the Delphi IDE, which is used to help edit and debug Delphi projects more efficiently. It is sold by Embarcadero Technologies, as a standalone product or included in RAD Studio, which includes other languages as well.
Delphi originated in 1995 at Borland, evolving from Turbo Pascal. It's original focus was database application development. It is currently owned by Embarcadero.
Among Delphi's strengths are its easy learning curve, consistent language architecture, a blazingly fast compiler, great execution speed, modern language constructs, its extensive Visual Component Library (VCL), and the associated visual form designer.
The Delphi XE2 version added support for 64-bit applications. It also added a cross platform compiler and component library allowing it to create cross platform applications for Mac OS X and iOS. The iOS support is actually achieved using the Free Pascal compiler.
- Embarcadero, and Borland before it, experimented with using the "Delphi" name to brand tools based on other languages. Examples include Delphi for PHP which was renamed RAD PHP, and Delphi Prism, which was renamed Embarcadero Prism. The latter makes use of the Oxygene dialect of Pascal provided by RemObjects Software, to build cross platform .NET and Mono applications.
- There is also Delphi/400 which is actually the main Embarcadero Delphi product repackaged with AS/400 and sold by SystemObjects.
- DWScript is a Delphi-hosted script engine that implements most of the Delphi language, along with FreePascal/Oxygene extensions.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Delphi"
The following 249 pages are in this category, out of 249 total.
- ABC Problem
- Abstract type
- Ackermann function
- Address of a variable
- Align columns
- Apply a callback to an array
- Array concatenation
- Associative array/Creation
- Associative array/Iteration
- Averages/Arithmetic mean
- Averages/Pythagorean means
- Averages/Root mean square
- Call a foreign-language function
- Call a function in a shared library
- Case-sensitivity of identifiers
- Character codes
- Check that file exists
- Closures/Value capture
- Color of a screen pixel
- Command-line arguments
- Compile-time calculation
- Compound data type
- Concurrent computing
- Conditional structures
- Copy a string
- Count in octal
- Count occurrences of a substring
- Create a file
- Create a two-dimensional array at runtime
- Create an HTML table
- CSV to HTML translation
- Cumulative standard deviation
- Last letter-first letter
- Leap year
- Logical operations
- Loop over multiple arrays simultaneously
- Loops/Downward for
- Loops/For with a specified step
- Loops/N plus one half
- Scope modifiers
- Search a list
- Send email
- Short-circuit evaluation
- Show the epoch
- Sierpinski triangle
- Sieve of Eratosthenes
- Simple windowed application
- Singly-linked list/Element definition
- Singly-linked list/Element insertion
- Singly-linked list/Traversal
- Sort an array of composite structures
- Sort an integer array
- Sort using a custom comparator
- Sorting algorithms/Bead sort
- Sorting algorithms/Bubble sort
- Sorting algorithms/Cocktail sort
- Sorting algorithms/Gnome sort
- Sorting algorithms/Insertion sort
- Sorting algorithms/Selection sort
- Sorting algorithms/Shell sort
- Sorting algorithms/Sleep sort
- String case
- String concatenation
- String interpolation (included)
- String matching
- Strip a set of characters from a string
- Strip comments from a string
- Strip whitespace from a string/Top and tail
- Substring/Top and tail
- Sum and product of an array
- Sum multiples of 3 and 5
- Sum of a series
- Sum of squares
- Synchronous concurrency
- System time