This programming language may be used to instruct a computer to perform a task.
|Parameter passing methods:||By reference, By value|
|Type checking:||Dynamic, Static|
If you know ALGOL W, please write code for some of the tasks not implemented in ALGOL W.
Algol W is a successor to Algol 60 closely based on A Contribution to the Development of ALGOL by Niklaus Wirth and C. A. R. Hoare. It includes dynamically allocated records, string handling, complex numbers and a standard I/O system. A copy of the Algol W Language Description can be found on Karl Kleine's Historic Documents in Computer Science page. Dabcanboulet's Algol W @ Everything2 page contains an excellent history and tutorial.
aw2c is a new compiler for the Algol W language. It is a complete implementation of the language described in the Algol W Language Description, June 1972. aw2c should be able to compile code intended for the OS/360 Algol W compilers with little or no modification. See the aw2c manual for more details.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "ALGOL W"
The following 135 pages are in this category, out of 135 total.
- Call a function
- Case-sensitivity of identifiers
- Catalan numbers
- Catalan numbers/Pascal's triangle
- Character codes
- Comma quibbling
- Compare a list of strings
- Compiler/AST interpreter
- Compiler/code generator
- Compiler/lexical analyzer
- Compiler/syntax analyzer
- Compiler/virtual machine interpreter
- Compound data type
- Conditional structures
- Convert seconds to compound duration
- Copy a string
- Count in octal
- Create a two-dimensional array at runtime
- Cumulative standard deviation
- Leap year
- Least common multiple
- Literals/Floating point
- Logical operations
- Loop over multiple arrays simultaneously
- Loops/Downward for
- Loops/For with a specified step
- Loops/N plus one half
- Luhn test of credit card numbers
- Scope modifiers
- Sequence of primes by Trial Division
- Short-circuit evaluation
- Sieve of Eratosthenes
- Singly-linked list/Element definition
- Singly-linked list/Element insertion
- Singly-linked list/Element removal
- Singly-linked list/Traversal
- Sorting algorithms/Bubble sort
- Sorting algorithms/Cocktail sort
- Sorting algorithms/Quicksort
- Special characters
- Special variables
- String case
- String comparison
- Sum and product of an array
- Sum of squares