This programming language may be used to instruct a computer to perform a task.
|Execution method:||Compiled (bytecode)|
If you know LiveCode, please write code for some of the tasks not implemented in LiveCode.
These are all of the implementations of xTalk on Rosetta Code. LiveCode (formerly known as Revolution, and MetaCard before that) is a byte-code dynamically compiled language. It started life as a Unix clone of HyperCard/HyperTalk, but goes far beyond that heritage by:
- Creating applications that run on:
- macOS (and previously classic Mac OS)
- Linux (and previously various Unix)
- Web Servers (with server engine version)
- Web Browser (HTML5 Emscripten engine as of version 8)
- Having a full interface toolkit with native widgets on all platforms
- Incorporating modern language features like regex, associative arrays, support for internet protocols, etc.
- Supporting color natively (HyperCard die-hards are now breathing a sigh of relief)
- NOTE: Since September 1st 2021, LiveCode Ltd. has dropped support for their Community version, there is an effort to continue to support this free Open Source GPL3 version currently known as OpenXTalk, find out more at https://www.openxtalk.org.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "LiveCode"
The following 128 pages are in this category, out of 128 total.
- Last Friday of each month
- Leap year
- Levenshtein distance
- Logical operations
- Look-and-say sequence
- Loop over multiple arrays simultaneously
- Loops/Downward for
- Loops/For with a specified step
- Loops/N plus one half
- Luhn test of credit card numbers
- Self-describing numbers
- Send email
- Short-circuit evaluation
- Show the epoch
- Sieve of Eratosthenes
- Simple windowed application
- Sort an integer array
- Sparkline in unicode
- Special variables
- State name puzzle
- String append
- String case
- String concatenation
- String interpolation (included)
- String length
- String prepend
- Strip a set of characters from a string
- Substring/Top and tail
- Sum and product of an array
- Sum digits of an integer
- Sum multiples of 3 and 5
- Sum of a series
- Sum of squares
- System time