Welcome to RC. Short Circuit should be along presently to greet you personally.
Just a neat little trick specific to RC... When editing a page, if you're linking to English Wikipedia, rather than entering the full link like this:
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosetta_Code RC on WP]
..you can instead use the wp namespace:
[[wp:Rosetta Code|RC on WP]]
This makes the WP links show up without the "external link" icon, which (IMHO) interrupts the flow of text. -- Erik Siers 12:54, 4 October 2011 (UTC)
- thanks, i was actually looking for that shortcut but could not find it.--eMBee 13:55, 4 October 2011 (UTC)
Symmetric difference problems
Hi, you seem to have missed out the significance of Note #1 in the task description and made a wrong edit to one languages example, where they used the duplicates in the names to show that their solution correctly handles duplicates. Furthermore, your array solution that you added fails to show how or if it handles duplicates.
Since your other solution uses multisets rather than sets, could you show how you get the correct result when the input has duplicates too? Thanks. --Paddy3118 19:42, 9 October 2011 (UTC)
- you are right, i missed the note. thanks for catching that! could this maybe be made part of the problem description instead of a note that is more easily overlooked? --eMBee 01:41, 10 October 2011 (UTC)
GarveyPatrickD (talk) 18:22, 29 November 2020 (UTC)
- --eMBee (talk) 19:10, 29 November 2020 (UTC)
- You're welcome.
- To me, it's a data consistency issue. I have no idea whether anyone will seek out other users of a particular language to discuss something via the Language User pages, but if the need arises, it seems to me it would be easier to find someone if all the users of a particular language were reachable through one page.
- GarveyPatrickD (talk) 19:16, 29 November 2020 (UTC)