|My Favorite Languages|
who i am
Hi. I'm DanBron. I never log in, but I've edited from several IPs. The ones I can remember right now are:
(keep in mind these are shared IPs, so not all the edits may be mine).
I'm also known as DanBron on Wikipedia and DanBron on the J wiki.
why i'm here
As you can probably tell from my edits, I'm a fan of J. You can often find me on the J Forums; I post from j AT bron DOT us (and that's the best way to contact me, too).
what i've done
Tasks I can remember creating (i.e. the ones I created around the time I wrote the sentence you're reading right now):
- SEDOL. See also the J example on Wikipedia.
- Zig Zag. If you're reading the J examples, and think they look like line noise, skim through my exposition on the ZigZag algorithm. Several of other [non-J] solutions on that page were derived from the explanation).
- Sierpinski's triangle and carpet.
Other tasks or solutions I've liked:
- The Spiral task and its J solution. To see why, you could read my exposition piece. In fact, after I wrote up Zig-Zag, I was considering adding a Spiral task myself.
what i'll do
Tasks and solutions:
- Add J solution to Monty_Hall_simulation. Perhaps base it on the corresponding Essay on the J wiki.
- Add more J solutions to Pascal's Triangle. I already added one based on the choose function, so the next would be an iterative summation solution, and the last would be 1D convolution (i.e. polynomial product).
- On the topic of simulations, maybe write up a new task based on this thread in the J forums
Administrivia and evangelism:
- Figure out if I can add interwikis to the J Wiki.
- Figure out how to add syntax highlighting for J.
what I need
In re: my todo list, if anyone knows the best way to add syntax highlighting support for J, either here or on Wikipedia (Wikimedia, Wiki Commons, etc), please let me know 1 2. Possibly useful links: