First Task, First Talk
I just recently discovered Rosetta Code and as I'm currently working on geohashes, I used that as test case to see what I could find here. Since there wasn't a page for geohashes, I thought I'd add one. But, I've never created a page on a Wiki before, so I don't know if I did it correctly, ie., enough info, not too much info, correct formatting, etc. Same with this talk page, I'm just looking at examples and hoping that I'm doing it correctly.
In any case, would appreciate some feedback or guidance to get my Draft Task up to Task status.
- Hi, welcome to RC and thanks for adding an interesting task - for me anyway, as not something I knew anything about before.
- Seems clear and reasonably tidy though I've moved the link to the Wikipedia article into a 'References' section which is what we normally do nowadays. I've also added a couple of entries for Go and Wren. After reading the Wikipedia article, I thought I'd end up with something very similar to your Swift entry so I've just done a direct translation. Incidentally, you'd missed off the final </lang> tag for the latter so I've added that as well.
- There's currently no syntax highlighting on RC for Swift so you might like to look for a language which has similar syntax (Scala, Go maybe) and see how they look. I use 'ecmascript' for Wren.
- We usually wait until there's at least half a dozen entries before thinking about promoting a draft to 'full' task status as this gives time for any issues to surface and (hopefully) be resolved. --PureFox (talk) 10:26, 13 June 2020 (UTC)
- They would go well together, but the current task wording doesn't require it. --Paddy3118 (talk) 14:54, 20 June 2020 (UTC)
Extra blog post on this kind of algorithm.
I had some issues when trying to complete the Python entry. I thought them through and decided to blog, as here didn't seem to be much explanation out there. (The Wikipedia entry for example, wasn't of much help.
My blog post Go deh!: Successive Approximation, Hashes in high dimensions; Geohashing.
--Paddy3118 (talk) 19:02, 21 June 2020 (UTC)