Talk:15 puzzle game
I assume the task is to implement a computer program to
- simulate playing the 15-game (puzzle)
- generate a random start position
- prompt the user for which piece to move
- validate if the move is legal (possible)
- display the game (puzzle) as pieces are moved
- announce when the puzzle is solved
- possibly keep track of the number of moves
should a random puzzle position be winnable?
Should the initial (random) puzzle position be a winnable puzzle? -- Gerard Schildberger (talk) 07:30, 10 April 2016 (UTC)
- Sure, though fixing that here won't fix the off-site implementation. --Rdm (talk) 17:33, 12 December 2017 (UTC)
- Excellent, thanks. Pete Lomax (talk) 18:14, 12 December 2017 (UTC)
Vote to remove "code golf" example.
Can 15_Puzzle_Game#C89.2C_22_lines_version be removed?
This site isn't about code golf, it's about presenting readable, comparable, useful examples of solving tasks in various languages. The linked example is not readable, comparable, or useful in my opinion and should just be removed.