This programming language may be used to instruct a computer to perform a task.
|Execution method:||Compiled (bytecode)|
elastiC is a portable high-level object-oriented interpreted language with a C-like syntax. Its main characteristics are:
- Open Source, freely available, even for commercial purposes.
- Portable bytecode compilation.
- Familiar C-like syntax.
- Dynamic typing.
- Automatic real, very fast, Garbage Collection.
- Object Oriented with meta-programming support (a la Smalltalk).
- Functional programming support (Scheme like closures with lexical scoping, and eval-like functionality).
- Hierarchical Namespaces.
- Rich set of useful built-in types (dynamic arrays, dictionaries, symbols, ...).
- Extensibile with C (you can add functions, types, classes, methods, packages, ...).
- Embeddable in C.
- Small footprint, making it ideal also in embedded systems.
elastiC has been strongly influenced by C, Smalltalk, Scheme and Python and tries to merge the best characteristics of all these languages, while still coherently maintaining its unique personality.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- ElastiC examples needing attention (empty)
- ElastiC Implementations (empty)
- ElastiC User (empty)
Pages in category "ElastiC"
This category contains only the following page.