Rosetta Code:Village Pump/MediaWiki 1.20 Upgrade Issues
This is a particular discussion thread among many which consider Rosetta Code.
Report here any issues observed after the upgrade to MediaWiki 1.20.
Languages Not Implemented in X Pages Not Working
- Try to replace with Semantic MediaWiki queries. (Anyone can give this a shot...leave details of attempts here.) --Michael Mol (talk) 13:45, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- If replacement with SMW queries doesn't work, I'll dig into the error logs this evening and see about fixing the bug. --Michael Mol (talk) 13:45, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- Upgraded MultiCategorySearch. At this point, upstream contains all of the features we'd been maintaining locally. --Michael Mol (talk) 03:55, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
Account Creation Not Fully Functional
Some attempts to create accounts (even by me, while logged in as an administrator account) fail with "Login error Incorrect or missing confirmation code http://rosettacode.org create account". Clearly, this doesn't happen to everybody; new accounts are created every day. --Michael Mol (talk) 13:45, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- I need to check the firewall logs to see if I'm blocking interactions between RC's server and ReCaptcha. --Michael Mol (talk) 13:45, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- It might also be a caching issue, if ReCaptcha's servers are making a query against RC's server (via CloudFlare), and getting a cached result back. --Michael Mol (talk) 13:45, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
Miscellaneous server issues
Debian iceweasel cannot open php file
There is a problem on my home computer following upgrade, but I get an error to save or choose application to open "PHP" file when I attempt to edit. I read that this is due to Mime type not being given as Text/HTML on the server side. Saving the files gives zero length (empty) files on the Mediawiki upgrade. I'm not sure whether anyone else is seeing this. I am using old version of Debian. Markhobley (talk) 19:21, 15 April 2013 (UTC)
Title image missing
Minor issue: The Rosetta Code title image (which is apparently supposed to be at http://rosettacode.org/mw/title.png) appears to be missing, leaving a blank in the corner of the page when using either the Vector or MonoBook styles. –Donal Fellows (talk) 08:40, 24 April 2013 (UTC)