Hello, my name is Lulu, although I often go by erkin. I'm a functional programmer who likes flexible, expressive and powerful languages with metaprogramming capabilities.
- Racket is my go-to language.
- I'm an avid Emacs user. I use ersatz Emacsen wherever GNU Emacs is unavailable.
- I use a modified version of Dvorak layout.
- My favourite locale is en_DK.UTF-8.
- I don't like the Unix way, but I begrudgingly use GNU/Linux because I believe there's no better alternative.
- I'm in the "do the right thing" faction (Massachusetts school of thought) in the uphill war against the "worse is better" faction (New Jersey school of thought).
- I have a soft spot for cute critters. I love cats in particular.
- My pronouns are they/them.
|My Favorite Languages|
I like language-oriented programming and domain-specific languages. I believe that there's always a right tool for the task.
- Beginner: I have written something in this and liked it enough to list here. I intend to learn more of it in the future.
- Novice: I used this extensively for at least a while but I don't consider myself well-versed enough.
- Intermediate: I know my way around this and used it for large, nontrivial tasks.
- Proficient: I used it for significant tasks and spent a while delving into its guts, identifying pitfalls and internalising idioms.
- Advanced: Having spent a lot of time using this, I consider myself very comfortable with it and tend to reach to it for new tasks.
- Expert: I arrogantly believe I know this language inside out, possibly mistakenly.