Category:Programming language families
This is an attempt to group/organize programming languages into families/categories.
To see how this might work, some of the languages on 99 Bottles of Beer
have been moved
to subpages by group, e.g. one subpage for assembly-languages, one subpage for basic-languages, etc.
See Category:Collection Members
There is already a lot covered in Wikipedia about language-categories:
Groups of Languages
- wp:Category:Programming language classification
- wp:Categorical_list_of_programming_languages = wp:List of programming languages by type
- Category:Programming language families - wp:Category:Programming language families
Group by Abstraction-level
- wp:Low-level programming language
- wp:High-level programming language
- wp:Very_high-level programming language
- wp:Compiled language
- wp:Interpreted language - wp:Scripting_language
- wp:Category:Educational programming languages
- wp:Rapid application development
- wp:Domain-specific language
- wp:Visual programming language - VPLs
- wp:Esoteric programming language - Category:Esoteric Languages
Group by wp:Programming language generations
- wp:First-generation_programming_language - machine code languages
- wp:Second-generation_programming_language - assembly languages
- wp:Third-generation programming language - "high level" languages
- wp:Fourth-generation programming_language
- wp:Fifth-generation programming_language
Group by similarity
- Category:Assembly - Category:Assembler_language
- Category:BASIC - Category:BASIC Implementations - Category:BASIC_related
- Category:C_related - Java - Forth - ...
- Category:LISP_and_Scheme - Category:LISP_and_Scheme_family - ...
- wp:Category:Logo programming language family
- Category:Pascal - Category:Pascal Implementations
- Category:Prolog - ...
This category currently contains no pages or media.