Though most modern languages have sorting functionality built in, programmers sometimes find it necessary to write their own sorts.
Usually this is just an instructional activity.
Below are some sorting algorithms that have been implemented on Rosetta Code.
Pages in category "Sorting Algorithms"
The following 47 pages are in this category, out of 47 total.
- Sort a list of object identifiers
- Sort an array of composite structures
- Sort an integer array
- Sort disjoint sublist
- Sort numbers lexicographically
- Sort stability
- Sort the letters of string in alphabetical order
- Sort three variables
- Sort using a custom comparator
- Sorting algorithms/Bead sort
- Sorting algorithms/Bogosort
- Sorting algorithms/Bubble sort
- Sorting Algorithms/Circle Sort
- Sorting algorithms/Cocktail sort
- Sorting algorithms/Cocktail sort with shifting bounds
- Sorting algorithms/Comb sort
- Sorting algorithms/Counting sort
- Sorting algorithms/Cycle sort
- Sorting algorithms/Gnome sort
- Sorting algorithms/Heapsort
- Sorting algorithms/Insertion sort
- Sorting algorithms/Merge sort
- Sorting algorithms/Pancake sort
- Sorting algorithms/Patience sort
- Sorting algorithms/Permutation sort
- Sorting algorithms/Quicksort
- Sorting algorithms/Radix sort
- Sorting algorithms/Selection sort
- Sorting algorithms/Shell sort
- Sorting algorithms/Sleep sort
- Sorting algorithms/Stooge sort
- Sorting algorithms/Strand sort
- Sorting algorithms/Tree sort on a linked list