Rosetta Code:Village Pump/Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Rosetta Code
This is a particular discussion thread among many which consider Rosetta Code.
It is probably worth chatting here and making a collaborative decision about the "wp:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Rosetta_Code" page just created.
Personally it would be a shame not to have wp:Rosetta_Code as RC compliment's WP perfectly by providing a spectrum of alternative programming solutions to WP's own limited code examples.
On the other hand I suspect the RC is getting to a point that "google" will often rank RC and WP equal for the same topic. Moreover not having RC on WP is no big deal as "google" knows all about RC.
The WP editor that "contributed" does not specifically look like a wp:deletionist, as a deletionist would likely wait for a "cool down" and then re "contribute" to wp:Articles_for_deletion until the page succumbs.
keep - none the less, I voted keep. (If only because RC has google foo!) - NevilleDNZ 21:50, 8 October 2012 (UTC)
Note: I have withdrawn my keep vote at Wikipedia. Ironically although Rosettacode is a growing resource I have not yet managed to find anything on the internet that rank Rosettacode as "Wikipedia Notable". I can kind of see the Wikipedia's AfD editors POV. It is a tad ironic. (But my original assessment about RC still applies)
- "Lambda calculus with types" H Barendregt, W Dekkers, R Statman - Handbook of logic in computer …, - cs.ru.nl Springer Publishing
- "Touching factor: software development on tablets - M Hesenius, C Orozco Medina, D Herzberg - Software Composition, 2012 - Springer"
- "The Implementation of Zoning for Winner Determination in Combinatorial Spectrum Auction - A Purbasari, A Zulianto - Informatics and Computational …, 2011 - "
- "CyberMate∼ Artificial Intelligent business help desk assistant with instance messaging services NT Weerawarna, H Haththella… - … (ICIIS), 2011 6th …, 2011 - ieeexplore.ieee.org"
- "Software Mutational Robustness: Bridging The Gap Between Mutation Testing and Evolutionary Biology - E Schulte, ZP Fry, E Fast, S Forrest… - arXiv preprint arXiv: …, 2012 - "
- "101companies: a community project on software technologies and software languages - JM Favre, R Lämmel, T Schmorleiz… - Objects, Models, …, 2012 - Springer"
- "Using Domain Specific Language for modeling and simulation: ScalaTion as a case study - JA Miller, J Han, M Hybinette - Simulation Conference (WSC), …, 2010 - ieeexplore.ieee.org"
- "Advances in Sensors, Signals, Visualization, Imaging and Simulation - MICHAL MUSILEK, STEPAN HUBALOVSKY - University of Hradec Kralove - CZECH REPUBLIC"
- "On the algorithmic nature of the world - H Zenil, JP Delahaye - arXiv preprint arXiv:0906.3554, 2009 - arxiv.org"
- "Proceedings of the 2010 Winter Simulation Conference - Using Domain Specific Languages for Modeling and Simulation: ScalaTion as a Case Study - John A. Miller, Jun Han, Maria Hybinette, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Georgia"
- "Linking Documentation and Source Code in a Software Chrestomathy - JM Favre, R Lämmel, M Leinberger, T Schmorleiz… - University of Koblrenz".
- "Prediksi Pergerakan Kurva Harga Saham dengan Metode Simple Moving Average Menggunakan C++ dan Qt Creator - A Rahmadhani, MM Mandela, T Paul… - … dan Simposium Fisika, 2012 - prosiding.papsi.org"
- "Using XQuery for problem solving - P Kilpeläinen - Software: Practice and Experience, 2011 - Wiley Online Library"
- (Not to mention the numerous PhD thesis').
Nothing all solely about RC, but global and widespread RC usage. Maybe just the tip of an RC iceberg.
Should Rosettacode get reviewed in wp:Scientific America or wp:Time Magazine (or some other "Wikipedia Notable" article about RC) someone (with the time and energy) could update WP. If you know of any "Wikipedia Notable" articles in the media, do let me know. I'll pass it on.
NevilleDNZ 13:02, 13 October 2012 (UTC)