This weekly update was supposed to cover two weeks because of my absence last week. Unfortunately, the recent changes page won't show all of the changes that go back that far (the limit really is 500...I tried changing it in the URL). The page will show me changes from the last 8 days, so I will report on those.ActivityThere was a C# boost from a new user (CoreyWhite). There were sprints in PHP, Ruby, and Lisp from anonymous users (up to 79, 102, and 75 examples, respectively). Almost all other activity has been in new pages, with some old sorting algorithm tasks getting attention.New Tasks and LanguagesWe were flooded with new tasks this past week (up to 217). There were too many for a paragraph, so here's a list:
- Jensen's device -- An old programming problem to demonstrate call by name parameters.
- Selection sort -- Most programmers know about this.
- Cocktail sort -- An improvement on the Bubble sort.
- Quadratic equation -- Yeah, I know, we actually didn't have this before. My mind was blown too.
- Character code -- Convert between characters and ASCII codes.
- Column aligner -- Format some custom-delimited text into left, center, and right justified columns.